Version: current Rating: 10 Date: 2019-02-28 Votes: 1
Very good distro but unfortunately dormant today, if this distro become good again, it could become a reference in the world of rolling release.
-Credible alternative to Arch linux
-Pacman (G2) Distro
-good hardware detection
-The installer is less boring than Arch
-lack of Documentation
Version: 2.1 Rating: 10 Date: 2018-10-22 Votes: 0
Bonne distribution rolling release pour utilisateur n'ayant pas peur des lignes de commandes, très bonne distribution souffrant d'un manque de médiatisation.
-Plus facile d'installation que arch
-Frugale, sans fioritures
-Utilise Pacman (G2)
-Pas de documentation ni de forum
-as du mal à s'imposer
Version: current Rating: 10 Date: 2018-06-09 Votes: 1
Not a bad distro. 'ArchLike' and up to date and fast. The negative thing not large package repositories (not a big team of developers) and not live option
Version: current Rating: 9 Date: 2017-11-23 Votes: 2
A very good distribution with a lot of good concepts, but she suffers nevertheless from a lack of documentation and diffusion.
Version: current Rating: 8 Date: 2017-04-12 Votes: 15
- comes as Gnome, KDE or basic (no GUI) edition
- very good cli based installer with options to install to xfs and btrfs file systems (zfs available as a seperate package)
- good hardware recognition
- up-to-date package repository
- packages available for almost every task from the online repositories
- custom packages manager called pacman-g2 which is fast and stable
- has no option to try it as live system
- it is not user friendly
- systemd distro
- no 32-bit support
- the system is somewhat heavy - around 800MB in graphics mode
- no virtualbox-guest-dkms, not even in the repos
- not many packages in the repos - they need help for that...
Nice distro to try and maybe for some people it will be good for a stable everyday use. I personally use it as a second boot system for emergency and to have an alternative. It is made for intermediate users so no fancy GUI stuff everywhere. Up to date packages as it turns out they are a rolling distro now. The first time I tried this distro was in 2015 when things were different - fixed release model with more packages available. The only desktops that they can offer now are Gnome and KDE which is not so bad as I thought, because the system is still very fast and stable.
As of 12-04-2017 the distro has applications for almost every task. This is a unique distro which is using some custom made tools not suitable for everyone. I like it because it's different! I just hope it has a good future.
Star Labs - Laptops built for Linux.
View our range including the Star Lite, Star LabTop and more. Available with a choice of Ubuntu, Linux Mint or Zorin OS pre-installed with many more distributions supported. Visit Star Labs for information, to buy and get support.